Thursday, August 2, 2018

How goes it? Well....I'm still here

How am I you ask? 

Things have changed a little since my last blog update. For anyone following my story you should know I've had some health setbacks in the last 3 years but I'm improving. Can I say my tubal was to blame? Maybe...but I'm not entirely sure. I'm more cautious these days on how I answer that question because so many women look to me for advice. I may or may not update at a later time. I've honestly not decided if I want that info out there publicly.

What about you?

If you've stopped by my blog then obviously you're likely having a problem...The symptom itself and when it appeared is the most telling sign of whether or not its related to the tubal (in my opinion). Obviously things like sudden constant bleeding are not related to an autoimmune disorder but that's not to say there's not another gynecological reason. If you follow your doctor's advice and all of the tests they wish to put you through and still come up empty handed? Well then you may reasonably deduce that your tubal caused it. You found this blog on google...use google as your new best friend.


What do you do? 

When deciding if the tubal is to blame for everything, it's generally best to use caution and trace your symptoms back. Some things WILL and can be AGE related because keep in mind age 30 is when autoimmune disorders will rear their ugly head, HOWEVER some symptoms won't have an explanation...You can either choose to believe your doctor (it's age related or in your head) or you can take a leap of faith as I did in 2011 with my reversal.

In my opinion doing something is better than nothing...You can't just accept this is the way life is if you are suffering. Don't freeze up! Research!!! Weigh your options with what you know is best for YOU and your family. YOU are the one that must walk in your shoes. Do NOT let anyone pressure you into a surgery you aren't 100% sure you want. This includes husbands, sisters, moms aunts...you get the picture. The same can be said for your mate. Please do NOT pressure him into a vasectomy or not support him if he wants one. The only person that can make that decision is the person who will live with the consequences first hand. Their/your job is to ensure that person has as much information possible to make an educated decision. Take time to explore all feelings by both parties yes but the person who suffers or heals due to the surgery is the person who should get the final say. Join our facebook group to lean on others who have been there and use our files/albums to learn as much possible. We do not approve male membership unless they are a doctor. If you're a dude and want to talk with women about #PTLS then please join our family group here.

What did I do?

Was I confident my reversal would help? No but I was 100% sure that I could not live with my condition getting worse. I also knew I would have fewer options available for healing if I removed any part of my reproductive system...after all we have it for a reason. Assuming any part of it can be bypassed/changed/removed is what got me into this mess. I was not willing to risk the possibility of making things worse so for me reversal was the only logical conclusion (Reminder I had clips, not Essure). You'll need to weigh all of your options as well. Your doctor is not God and can't possibly know everything. You are your own best advocate!

Now what?

Again, figuring it all out is symptom/device specific...what works for one may not work for another. Devices have a way of weakening your body (Think Essure, Filshie/Hulka clips, Bands etc). If you take the surgical leap of faith and your symptoms go away after reversal, hysterectomy or tube removal....then your tubal and/or device may have been the cause. (Yes how stupid of me to suggest logic...something our healthcare system is severely lacking)

If you start to have symptoms of a different nature later down the road? 

You should use the same attitude you started this journey with. Follow through with the tests your Dr. suggests. It's very possible a medical device could have caused an inflammatory response in your body and those reactions do not always show up immediately!! Do not be dismissed. Keep searching for answers and ARM YOURSELF with as many scientific facts possible....but know, science doesn't always have the answers right when we need them so don't get discouraged either (Remember when fibromyalgia was all in people's heads?). Any doctor claiming their fancy gizmos can tell them everything necessary should take a seat. Trust your gut and approach this with a level head.

How can we change all the crazy?

Join the movement. Be a part of the conversation and the solution. If you're a doctor, LISTEN TO YOUR PATIENT. We aren't all hypochondriac/drug seekers and have better things to do with our time than sit in your office praying for answers.

We should ALL be demanding that technology IMPROVE lives, not destroy them. Most doctor's have no idea how medical devices are even put on the market, let alone the TRUE nature of their consequences. We all have a moral obligation to speak up and change what's broken...Our FDA is broken. Our laws are not protecting patients. Our doctor's are putting profits above patients when they promote dangerous products.

Don't believe me? Get the facts. Watch "The Bleeding Edge" (A Netflix original)

If you've been injured by #Essure join their group here and read the pinned post for important links you need!

Has your doctor received kickbacks for promoting Essure? Click here to find out.

Ask your state representatives to support The Medical Device Safety Act 2017 H.R. 2164 #MDSA17by clicking here (takes like 5 seconds and is asking for change for ALL medical devices! #breastimplant #mesh #filshieclip #hulkaclip #nervestimulator #defibrillator #pacemaker #infusionpump #cochlearimplant There are over 157 devices!!)

Join the conversation on twitter and one of our newest platforms instagram (FYI: we have another advocate running our instagram stories, you can find me here but I'm not very active, I mainly follow)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it has been sent to the blog Admin for review and will not appear until approved.